The craze this Christmas season is digital dogs (and cats, and almost everything digital). Sony has released their second and third generation pups. Radiohead uses an Artificial Intelligence agent to field questions about the band. Spielberg released A.I. not long ago…
Continue reading “Digital Responsibility”
Businesses need to examine their Customer Contact Point and determine if it is helping them or hurting them. How customers are treated at this critical point can ultimately determine the success or failure of a company.
Continue reading “Boxing Gloves or White Gloves?”
Making a brand reach every facet of a customer’s life is the main objective of any company and Marketing manager. Many people have preached that it is better to increase your “wallet share” over your “market share”. I will be talking about how to increase your “mind share”; which means making sure your brand is recognized (even misrecognized) almost instantly. How do can you make this happen? By using a few simple, yet fundamental, branding elements-in your favor- and against the competition.
Continue reading “Mind Control 1.0”
Wireless high-speed Internet connections offer the same science fiction Internet services that 3G promises to provide. What’s the difference? Wi-Fi is available today- and you’ll have to wait 2-3 more years for 3G services to be developed.
Continue reading “WiFi=SciFi”
The attack on the World Trade Center towers in NY on Sept. 11 has raised security concerns on many fronts. People are crying out in outrage against further security measures- online and offline . This attitude is also echoed by John Perry Barlow, an outspoken Internet rights activist, whom I have cited and respect greatly. Other authors echo this sentiment as well. 
Continue reading “Security, Privacy and Fear”
Approximately 70% of all users only use the applications included in a Palm, that is, the address book and the agenda. Be part of the other 30%. Be productive.
Continue reading “Palm, what is it good for?”
In the Bible, The Tower of Babel explains why there is such a diversity of languages. Language could become as irrelevant in the digital age as stone tablets were in the Industrial Age.
Continue reading “The Tower of Babel”